Dental implants are replacement tooth roots. It is an ideal solution for missing teeth. Implants provide a strong foundation for fixed or removable replacement teeth that are made to match your natural teeth. Dental implants have a success rate of up to 98%. With proper care, implants can last a lifetime.
The basic technique involves surgically inserting a titanium screw — the implant — into the supporting bone, which can be done under local anesthesia in less than an hour, and attaching a small fake tooth called an abutment, followed by a crown. The resulting tooth looks and feels like a natural one. The procedure is a lengthy one. Dental implants treatment usually take about eight weeks for the screw to become firmly attached to bone before the final crown can be placed. “A patient’s health, not age, determines suitability for an implant.
After the implant is placed in your jaw, you will have to wait several months for the bone to bond with the implant. This usually takes 3 or 4 months in the lower jaw and 5 or 6 months in the upper jaw. During this time, the head of the implant usually remains hidden under your gum.
Advantages of Dental Implants
- Improved appearance - Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth.
- Improved speech - Dental implants allow you to speak without the worry that your teeth might slip.
- Improved comfort - implants eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures.
- Easier eating - Dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods with confidence and without pain.
- Improved self-esteem - Dental implants can give you back your smile, and help you feel better about yourself.
- Improved oral health - Dental implants don't want to reducing other teeth, as a tooth-supported bridge does. Because nearby teeth are not altered to support the implant, more of your own teeth are left intact, improving your long-term oral health. Individual implants also allow easier access between teeth, improving oral hygiene.
- Durability - Implants are very durable and will last many years. With good care, many implants last a lifetime.
In most cases, anyone healthy enough to undergo a routine dental extraction or Oral surgery can be considered for a dental implant. Patients should have healthy gums and enough bone to hold the implant. They also must be committed to good oral hygiene and regular dental visits. Heavy smokers, people suffering from uncontrolled chronic disorders -- such as diabetes or heart disease -- or patients who have had radiation therapy to the head/neck area need to be evaluated on an individual basis. If you are considering implants, talk to your dentist to see if they are right for you.
Cosmozone Dental Clinic India offers you a one stop solution to all your dental needs. This Implant Dental clinic provides the best treatments for dental implants at low cost.
For more details inquire here - www.cosmodentists.com